At 12:48 PM 01/05/2005, Chuck Swiger wrote:
Mike Tancsa wrote:
A somewhat obvious question to some perhaps, but what server application mix on FreeBSD today sees an improvement using 64bit CPUs ?

Databases. Big ones, anyway. Other than that, not much, unless you're running processes which would like to use more than 2GB of RAM.

Thanks! I was worried I was missing something obvious in all the 64bit excitement. For my apps where I cant balance across multiple machines or where space is an issue, dual core CPUs I think might be more interesting to look at in a few months.

---Mike