Robert Watson wrote:

This looks really exciting!

Do you plan to add a way so that people can submit performance data? I.e., if I set up my own test box and want to submit a result once a week for that, will there be a way for me to get set up with a username/password, submit configuration information, and then automatically submit test result datapoints? Especially if I can specify both the X and Y coordinates so that I can backdate results should I go back and generate test results for old kernels?

The website and benchmarking slave talk to a PostgreSQL database. It's definitely possible and part of the design to have multiple computers participating in a distributed fashion, although it's also possible to run the setup locally and privately for more ad-hoc testing purposes.

I think it's best if participating machines supply data regularly for an extended period of time. Single or infrequent data points for a specific configuration don't make much sense. We need to compare apples to apples.

Erik