Robert Watson wrote:

I think it's best if participating machines supply data regularly for an extended period of time. Single or infrequent data points for a specific configuration don't make much sense. We need to compare apples to apples.

Yes -- I was mostly thinking about backdating in order to play "catchup" when a new benchmark is introduced.

One thing I am looking at is how to best create a library of world tarballs that can be used to populate a nfsroot (or hybrid of periodic tarballs + binary diffs to save space). Then you could provide your benchmark in a standardized format (start/end/cleanup scripts, etc) and tell a machine "go and run this benchmark on every daily snapshot for the last year and give me the numbers".

Kris