Hi,

I am working on storage service based on FreeBSD.  I look forward to a good
result because many professional storage company use FreeBSD as its OS.  But I
am disappointed with the Bad performance.  I tested the the performance of LSI
MegaRAID 9260-8i and had the following bad result:

  1.  Test environment:
       (1) OS:   FreeBSD 10.0 release
       (2) Memory:  16G
       (3) RAID adapter:   LSI MegaRAID 9260-8i
       (4) Disks:  9 SAS hard drives (10000 rpm),  performance is expected for
each hard drive
       (5) Test tools:   fio with  io-depth=1, thread num is 32 and block size
is 64k or 1M
       (6)  RAID configuration:  RAID 5,   stripe size is 1M

 2.  Test result:
      (1)  write performance too bad:  20Mbytes/s throughput and 200 random
write IOPS
      (2)  read performance is expected:  700Mbytes/s throughput and 1500
random read IOPS

I tested the same hardware configuration with CentOS linux and Linux's write
performance is 5 times better than FreeBSD.

Anyone encountered the same performance problem?  Does the mfi driver have
performance issue or I should give up on FreeBSD?

Jason