> On 22 Jun 2016, at 04:08, Jason Zhang <jasonzh...@cyphytech.com> wrote:
>
> Mark,
>
> Thanks
>
> We have same RAID setting both on FreeBSD and CentOS including cache setting.
>  In FreeBSD, I enabled the write cache but the performance is the same.
>
> We don’t use ZFS or UFS, and test the performance on the RAW GEOM disk
> “mfidx” exported by mfi driver.  We observed the “gstat” result and found
> that the write latency
> is too high.  When we “dd" the disk with 8k, it is lower than 1ms, but it is
> 6ms on 64kb write.  It seems that each single write operation is very slow.
> But I don’t know
> whether it is a driver problem or not.

There is an option you can use (I do it all the time!) to make the card behave
as a plain HBA so that the disks are handled by the “da” driver.

Add this to /boot/loader.conf

hw.mfi.allow_cam_disk_passthrough=1
mfip_load=“YES"

And do the tests accessing the disks as “da”. To avoid confusions, it’s better
to make sure the disks are not part of a “jbod” or logical volume configuration.

Borja.