On Fri, 6 Jun 2014, Paul Schmehl wrote:

No offense was meant. I deliberately chose the subject to stimulate discussion, which it has obviously done.

Stimulating discussion without insulting people generally gives better results.

Look, we are all doing the best we can with what we've got. The ports people have been trying to accomplish the equivalent of turning a cruise ship around in a bathtub without rattling the silverware. It's not possible to anticipate every issue, particularly when there are so many.

The way improvements are made is for interested people (that is, you) to
get involved and help to improve it.

The challenge you have created is to anticipate the next issue and report it, preferably with a plan for a solution, before it happens.