On 2015-09-29 08:24, Janky Jay, III wrote:
        I ran into this exact same issue using SVN and portmaster to upgrade
'git'. Upgrading 'pkg' using portmaster (portmaster -d 'pkg-1.5.6')
before running 'portmaster -ad' fixed the issue. Generally, though,
portmaster usually updates pkg first and then moves along the rest of
the updates automatically. For whatever reason, that was not the case
today.

That's great, but that's still ignoring the issue I'm trying to have addressed:

The ports system was changed to make mandatory a version of pkg that was not available by the default method. That's a POLA violation, but it appears no one wants to talk about it.