On 04/10/16 19:09, Mehmet Erol Sanliturk wrote:
On Sun, Apr 10, 2016 at 4:50 PM, William A. Mahaffey III <w...@hiwaay.net>
wrote:

On 04/10/16 18:09, Peter Jeremy wrote:

On 2016-Apr-10 17:09:04 -0453, "William A. Mahaffey III" <w...@hiwaay.net>
wrote:

configure process completed OK, but created a Makefile w/ what seems to
be a bunch of linuxisms in conditionals to allow compilation for
different architectures, see attached orig-Makefile.

Have you tried using gmake, rather than the base make?

OK, I tried gmake & got the attached, lotta '#include malloc.h' all over
the place, I'll have to handle that file-by-file :-/ ....

--

         William A. Mahaffey III

          ever devised by man."
                            -- Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Important problem here is the following :

In make files , there are other references to "make" commands , means ,
even you started from gmake , at the next make invocation , it will invoke
the FreeBSD make .

Therefore , you need to use a jail and replace the FreeBSD make with gmake
, or , by traversing all of the make files , replace "make" invocations by
"gmake" .

Mehmet Erol Sanliturk

Or set the (g)make variable 'MAKE' to gmake & let it propogate ....

--

        William A. Mahaffey III