I there, i was trying freebsd for a while, and comparing it against
debian/linux.
The winner was Debian by far... Freebsd could be stable, but it is not
faster... and Debian is far much more 'usable'.
>Freebsd package installation is very laborious compared with Debian's apt
system. I have to search in each CD, know dependences,...
>X configuration is hard too when the autodetected configuration doesn't
works...
>I think fbsd is good, but needs some user facilities.

You are going to need a stronger arguement against FreeBSD than "..needs some user facilities".

It appears to me that you haven't used either for very long and therefore do not have much of a right to say which is better or worse, no offense. If you went into more detail with your reasoning then I believe you would be taken more seriously, but you fail to show me an legitimate reason that I should install debian over BSD on my next box.

As far as installation being too difficult, I downloaded the debian distro and installed it on my laptop. I had more difficulty trying to get it to work than I ever had using FreeBSD. Also, lets not forget that easier doesn't always mean better. I know several people that use Linux over FreeBSD due to how they claim it is easier configure and setup, however I don't find FreeBSD that difficult to setup, especially in comparison to Linux. I believe that once you have become familiar with the process and worked with it, setting up and securing BSD is not all that difficult and is well worth the effort (in my opinion).

Bow Sineath
Class of 2006, the Citadel
[EMAIL PROTECTED] - [EMAIL PROTECTED]