On Sun, 4 Dec 2005, Kiffin Gish wrote:
On Sat, 2005-12-03 at 17:51 -0800, Vizion wrote:

I have been using freebsd for quite a long time and I find that sometimes I am
constantly upgrading a machine which is being used for development something
and then when I just need systems to carry on doing the same thing day after
day I get into the if it aint broke dont fix it mode! Then a new
application/need comes along and the cycle starts over again!

david

Then one seriously wonders what the benefit is of upgraded more than
once every few months or so.

Security fixes.
Bug fixes.
New features.
Compatibility.

How important each of these will be depends on the use of the machine. portaudit helps with the first one.