On Tuesday, February 11, 2003, at 02:19 PM, Scott A. Moberly wrote:

I'm beginning to suspect my XFree86 install is toast.  My man pages
say  3.3.6.  I think I had 3.3.6 installed from the original FreeBSD
4.3 or  something like that, and somehow didn't fully remove it.  When
I do

cd /usr/ports/x11/XFree86
sudo make deinstall

it says the port isn't installed.  However, I don't have XFree86-4
installed either, and my XFree86 man pages say 3.3.6, so clearly 3.3.6
 didn't get deinstalled and is still half-working.

Is there a way to say, "deinstall the files that would be installed if
 this port was installed?"
Not that I know of.  Perhaps portupgrade and friends have this
capability.

  Or, would it be best to install
/usr/ports/x11/XFree86, and then deinstall it?
This would do it, but you might be able to get away with just installing
XFree86-4 over top your existing X disaster.

Joe

I'm pretty sure if I can get 3.3.6 totally gone, and then install
/usr/ports/x11/XFree86-4, I'm going to be set.  Sorry to be bringing
such a fubar'd system to you!

--
Mark Edwards
Engineer

pkg_info | fgrep XFree86

give?
> pkg_info | fgrep XFree86
XFree86-libraries-4.2.1_6 XFree86-4 include/(shared) library kit
imake-4.2.0_1       Imake and other utilities from XFree86

--
Mark Edwards
Engineer