i've upgraded the kernel as well as the system from 4.7 to 4.8rc3.

however, i'm still getting the same issues.  my system will randomly
reboot when i'm doing anything from changing a directory to ftp-ing.

i cracked the case, cleaned out all the dust thinking that the cooling was
an issue.

i've run cpuburn (burnP6 for the processor and burnBX for the ram) and the
processes seem to run fine.  i was also able to rebuild everything without
issue about the second time.

/var/log/messages isn't helping me much.  it simply shows the dmesg output
everytime the system reboots.

why has my system become so unstable?  this started when i tried to make
rsa and dsa keypairs... and i was told that the system might have faulty
parts or that it might get too hot.  but even after i cleaned the dust out
(and the system is not being overclocked) i am still getting random
reboots.

please if anyone can help me resolve this... i can't stand having this
extremely unstable server.  it's causing all sorts of problems on the
network.