> It could be incompatible hardware (i.e. mostly compatible hardware) that
> works most of the time, but occasionally causes a reboot.  Meanwhile, the
> vender drivers for Windows make it work perfectly there.

        Its been working reliably since last May in 4.5/4.6/4.7.... Then
the hard drive failed,  put a fresh install, and then it was reliable until
I was portupgrading X. What could the X system do so horrible that would
make the screen just go black and then the splash page happen?

> Also, I've seen flakey hardware that Windows simply didn't exercise enough
> to cause problems.

        I know, had to throw it in. :) Winderz is here just for when
STAROFFICE doesn't work right.

                Tuc/TTSG Internet Services, Inc.