Sergio de Almeida Lenzi wrote:
That is precisely why I keep an XP box nearby. There is no way in hell
that I would want to personally, or expect a colleague for that matter,
to waste valuable time getting a simple plug-in to work; especially
since I can do it in a matter of seconds on a Microsoft product.

Strange.. it has been a long time since I used a windows box... our
computers
here at home and in the offices are all freebsd... and flash works like
a charm
in 64 and 32 bits using R7.2 and 8.0... it is faster than windows, no
problem
with the browser....

We use gnome 2.26 and epiphany with the libxul backend libxine as
multimedia,
and pulseaudio as audio driver...

we have several notebooks running R7.2 and some acer notebooks running
Linux too
all with gnome 2.26.. no problem at all only
At home, sometimes I use a windows box (ancient XP)... for a game (IL2
1946)...

I wish someone could explain to me why I am no longer able to install flashplugin ... none of the methods work for me on amy version... I have literally tried them all.. the latest was linux-f10 - I cleaned out all the linux stuff, umounted the proc sytem cleaned out everything I could find related (?) to linux and reinstalled. No go, no way, José! I did catch some kind of warning that flashed by on the screen about Glib - seems to be gstreamer related...??? and the only thing I can find is the error message that flashplugin.so (or whatever the file is) could not be loaded because shared file "libfreetype.so.6" could not be found... and the only libfreetype.so.6 file on the s;ystem is ...so.6.something.something... If the system is smart enought to not find the right file, it ought to be smart enought to know where this file should be and to what it is related... duh !