Polytropon wrote:
On Tue, 27 Oct 2009 20:56:11 -0400, PJ <af.gour...@videotron.ca> wrote:
I have tried them all... now I have linux-f10 with
flashplayer10 installed and all I get is an error that flashplugin.so
cannot be started because a shared file "freetype.so.6" cannot be
found... It's there allright and is linked to fretype.so.6.13 or some
number like that...

In FreeBSD, libraries are linked to version numbers from
generic names, such as
        /usr/local/lib/libfreetype.so@ -> libfreetype.so.9

In this case, the missing library is almost certainly

 /usr/compat/linux/usr/lib/libfreetype.so.6

which works by the Linux rules -- so the library the app tries to link
against is libfreetype.so.6, which is a link to libfreetype.so.6.3.18.
I'm fairly confident that this is the case, because the FreeBSD native
Freetype library is
 /usr/local/lib/libfreetype.so.9

Completely different ABI version number, unlike what the OP posted.

To the OP: that shlib comes from the linux_base-f10-10_2 package on my
machine, so unless you're missing chunks of that package you should have
it.  Use 'pkg_info -g linux_base\*' to see if any of the package contents
have got lost or scrambled.  It will probably tell you that
/compat/linux/etc/ld.so.cache doesn't match the original checksum, but that's
normal, as that file is modified whenever you install any other linux shlibs.
Further more, the linux ld.so.cache file should contain a record for
libfreetype:

% /compat/linux/sbin/ldconfig -p | grep freetype
       libfreetype.so.6 (libc6) => /usr/lib/libfreetype.so.6

You should be able to rebuild it by

# /compat/linux/sbin/ldconfig -v -n /lib /usr/lib /usr/X11R6/lib

        Cheers,

        Matthew

                                                 Flat 3
                                                 Kent, CT11 9PW