rsync (from ports/net/rsync) does not need a peer on the other side.
You can think of is as a clever scp- you can copy to/from one server
to/from another server, only rsync can sync files on the block level,
so it's supposed to be more efficient than merely copying the files over.
For your case, I'd say run a cron job at the firewalled machine to rsync
the files over to the other one.