Oscar - well, as far as client, yes, you would need to sync them. But, if you filter on the server, it can be accomplished on without any client configuration.

Take a look at Mail::Audit. I use it with imap-uw, and it works quite well. I just filter mail into a couple seperate mboxs in my home dir, and off I go.

~j

Oscar Ricardo Silva wrote:

Which leads me to ask/comment/point out, a bit off topic perhaps ... if you do take the filter path, and are checking mail on different machines, perhaps with different applications and operating systems ... how do you sychronize your filters? I believe there's not a centralized universal way of filtering messages. Do you have create them on each app you use?

Oscar

-- "Yesterday upon the stair I saw a man who wasn't there, he wasn't there again today, oh how i wish he'd go away"

Rev. Jonathan T. Sage
Lighting / Set Designer
Professional Web Design

[HTTP://theatre.msu.edu]