Louis LeBlanc wrote:

On 02/02/04 10:27 AM, Matt Juszczak sat at the `puter and typed:

Gary wrote:

Gary,

Hi Matt,

On Mon, 02 Feb 2004 10:20:09 -0500 UTC (2/2/2004, 9:20 AM -0600 UTC my
time), Matt Juszczak wrote:

M> Does anyone know of a mail client that supports a true IMAP trash
M> folder?  Evolution doesn't, and so I use evolution on three different
M> machines and if I have deleted messages I have to check all three
M> machines sometimes to find it.

There is no trash folder in the IMAP protocol itself.. Removing mail is a
two step process, first of deleting it, and second of purging the deleted
mail.

I understand now. Thanks. So do you know of a mail client that supports "Deleting Items" to a folder called "Trash" on the IMAP server? Right now I have evolution and if I delete mail it puts it into a local trash folder, but I dont see an option to "Copy deleted mail to folder <blah> on mail server" or something like that.

I use mutt with an imap server. I've tied macros to specific keys that save messages to INBOX.trash, which effectively deletes them from the current folder. I go to the .trash folder and use 'D' to clean it out on a regular basis, sometimes finding one or two that I didn't want to delete. It requires folder hooks to change the underlying behavior for the 'd', '^d' and 'D' keys based on the current folder, but it works like a charm.

The mutt site documents how to do most of this, but if you like, I can
dig up my macros for you.

HTH
Lou

Lou,

I think I got it covered. My new solution seems to work. Thanks though!

-Matt