On Tue, 12 Mar 2013 02:20:37 +0100
 "Michael Ross" <g...@ross.cx> wrote:
On Tue, 12 Mar 2013 00:15:35 +0100, John Mehr <j...@visi.com> wrote:

On Mon, 11 Mar 2013 15:16:53 -0400
  Patrick McEvoy <patmce...@mac.com> wrote:
Hello John,
This is Patrick the BSDTV guy. If you have the time / inclination, would you like to do a quick walk through svnup?**If you have a machine that will run Skype, I could record you doing a walk through including all the things you want to tell users about your port. Skype offers a "share your screen" feature that I have found helpful for making such videos. If you are interested, please let me know.
Thank you for your support of the BSD community.
  **
  -- Patrick McEvoy
patmce...@mac.com
cell: 718 440-5104

Hello,

I'm currently in the process of adding http/https support to svnup and once I've got that working, the command line interface will be changing to be more like the traditional svn client to make it easier for people to adopt the tool [...]

What'd you think about a syntax extension along the lines of

        svnup --bsd-base
        svnup --bsd-ports
        svnup --bsd-all

with automagic host selection, default to uname's major version stable branch and default target dirs?

Hello,

This sounds good to me, and as long as there's some sort of a consensus that we're not breaking the principle of least surprise, I'm all for it.  The one default that may be unexpected is the defaulting to the stable branch -- people who track the security branches will be left out.  So maybe something like:

svnup --ports
svnup --stable
svnup --security (or --release)

Thoughts?