On Tue, 12 Mar 2013, John Mehr wrote:
On Tue, 12 Mar 2013 02:20:37 +0100
 "Michael Ross" <g...@ross.cx> wrote:

What'd you think about a syntax extension along the lines of

        svnup --bsd-base
        svnup --bsd-ports
        svnup --bsd-all

with automagic host selection, default to uname's major version stable branch and default target dirs?

Hello,

This sounds good to me, and as long as there's some sort of a consensus that we're not breaking the principle of least surprise, I'm all for it.  The one default that may be unexpected is the defaulting to the stable branch -- people who track the security branches will be left out.  So maybe something like:

svnup --ports
svnup --stable
svnup --security (or --release)

How would you select the mirror? There are two now, and likely more later.