In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Warner Losh
writes:
> In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Zero Sum writes:
> : Does this allow multiple partitions on a zip?
>
> Yes, but fdisk is awkward to use for editing.

How about fdisk -e in similar vein as disklabel -e?

As the PC architecture requires, just use an fdisk partition rather
than a disklabel slice (slices are what UNIX vendors call them).  For
that matter I'd be happy if we removed disklabel from the picture
entirely.  I think that should be our goal.  The architecture requires
an fdisk label and disklabel is redundant.  It seems like a no-brainer
to me, just remove support for disklabel entirely.  Simple and end of
argument.

Team Leader, Sun/DEC Team   Internet:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Open Systems Group, ITSD, ISTA
Province of BC