On Mon, Nov 20, 2000 at 05:03:56PM +0100, Stijn Hoop wrote:

> I'd like to see FreeBSD do the same as Linux on the i386 - use only
> the partition table, along with extended partitions. Do away with disklabel
> *on that platform*.

This would be a bad idea IMNSHO. Remember that you can only have 4 primary
partitions and if if you have multiple OS's you quickly start to run out of
them.
Personally I like the fact that I can have several BSD partitions inside one
slice (DOS partition). DOS partitions are a fairly scarce resource, so we
shouldn't use more of them than necessary.

--
<Insert your favourite quote here.>
Erik Trulsson