Update - it appears that as long as I only use ONE of the two channels on
the card, it works ok.

I've got a "buildworld" running right now on the Sandbox, but with only
one of the two disks attached.  So far, no errors.

So it would appear that the problem IS related to the previously-reported
issue with serializing I/O between the two channels.... which would imply
that it could be fixed (since it apparently was once before.)

Karl Denninger ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) Internet Consultant & Kids Rights Activist
http://www.denninger.net        My home on the net - links to everything I do!
http://scubaforum.org           Your UNCENSORED place to talk about DIVING!
http://homecuda.com             Emerald Coast: Buy / sell homes, cars, boats!
http://genesis3.blogspot.com    Musings Of A Sentient Mind