At 02:13 PM 24/07/2005, Karl Denninger wrote:
On Sun, Jul 24, 2005 at 07:58:20PM +0200, Erik Trulsson wrote:
> Most likely the bug you have run into is difficult or impossible to
> reproduce on other hardware than the particular combination you are using.

FWIW my earlier post about it appearing to work with only one disk on the
chain was incorrect.  It still fails - just takes longer (and more load).

The LINUX driver seems to kick the card into a lower UDMA mode to work around a bug on that chip. Is this possible to do with your controller via atacontrol ? There seemed to be a number of other bugs as well that needed to be worked around too however.

---Mike