On 6/20/07, Dan Rue <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Wed, Jun 20, 2007 at 11:50:23AM -0400, Javier Henderson wrote:
> On Wed, 20 Jun 2007 10:13:06 -0500, Dan Rue wrote:
> > On Wed, Jun 20, 2007 at 08:47:48PM -0700, Jo Rhett wrote:
> >> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=bin/88486
> >>
> >> This patch was supplied 2 years ago now.  It doesn't change
> >> current/ expected behavior but does allow those of us with many,
> >> many systems  to not get useless e-mail.
> >>
> >> It's not even my patch!  I would simply like to see this done...
> >
> > I second that notion.  Isn't the *nix model to be quiet when
> > everything is OK?
>
> So if it's quiet, is it because it's OK, or because it's too broken to
> complain?

If it's too broken to complain, then the behavior is the same with or
without this patch.

Indeed, which is why this patch might not be such a good idea. In this
case, absence of evidence is indeed evidence of absence, which is
contrary to the general case.

Perhaps the OP needs a better way of dealing with the notifications
than simply turning them off.

My $US0.02

Kurt