On Jun 20, 2007, at 1:22 PM, Daniel Bond wrote:
I like Kurt's approach

Well the goal is to allow either approach to work. Kurt is arguing against this patch because it doesn't work for him...

having a mailfilter/script-pipe which could
remove dynamic variables like timestamps etc, and checksum it against
against a "empty" template to see if its deletable.
This also verifies that mail-delivery is working, and machine is not dead.

But thats where the logic fails. Show me a mailfilter that will observe the lack of a message?

Nobody who is against this patch is making logical arguments...

Yes, I agree in theory. If you have scripts that output a lot of data every time and you need to look for anomolies, then a mailfilter/ pipe approach makes a lot of sense. But that doesn't mean that this patch is a bad idea.

--
Jo Rhett
senior geek

Silicon Valley Colocation