Kurt Buff wrote:
[...]
Perhaps a separate mailbox dedicated to this task, with a script
(grep?) that parses the emails in that mailbox daily looking for
expected messages, noting and deleting them, with unsent messages
noted via an email and messages with unexpected content forwarded as
well?

I think that topic is not about "how we can do it another way", but why this patch was not commited. This patch doesn't change current behavior, but allows operator to choose another behavior. Allowing more choices is always good thing, so I am for commiting this patch.

Miroslav Lachman