On Jun 20, 2007, at 2:19 PM, Alban Hertroys wrote:
Would it help if "everything is all right"-mails would be easily discerned from messages saying "there is a problem"?

Not for me. I would like to not receive mail when everything is alright.

IMHO that way you could move the "everything is all right" messages into a separate mailbox which would serve as a coarse check (there'd be about the same amount of new messages in it every day), while the "there's a problem" mails would still stick out like a soar thumb.

The latter stick out very well when the former never arrive ;-)

Obviously you are welcome to create such a patch for yourself. However for my needs this patch would be good.

--
Jo Rhett
senior geek

Silicon Valley Colocation