On Sat, 28 Jul 2007, Michael Nottebrock wrote:

... and with SCHED_ULE being obsoleted by SCHED_SMP in 7+, it might
actually become the scheduler nobody was ever supposed to be using? It
might still be worthwhile doing some experimenting with powerd and the
different schedulers in -CURRENT, just in case 4BSD ever gets knocked
from GENERIC. :)

The _SMP variant has been integrated into the _ULE code in -current, so they are now the same thing. My understanding is that the intention is to make it the default scheduler for 7-stable, but I could be remembering that wrong.

Doug