On Saturday 28 July 2007 20:21:02 Peter Jeremy wrote:
> On 2007-Jul-28 19:03:54 -0300, JoaoBR <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >so using ULE in 7 is ok ? ? ?
>
> Yes.

I thought it is SCHED_SMP on 7 ... isn't it? if not forget my joke, I remember
a msg from Roberson saying the _SMP will substitute _ULE on 7 but I do not
use 7 so may be it changed later back to it's original name

> >ULE in 6.x is absolutely ok and it runs depending on situation faster than
> >4BSD with correct kernel and sysctl settings for it and it is perfectly
> >stable,
>
> This is simply wrong.  ULE in 6.x is known to have problems and is
> unsupported.  If the problems do not affect your particular workload
> then fine.  If you have _any_ problems whilst running with ULE in 6.x,
> your problems will not be invstigated unless you can reproduce the
> problem with the 4BSD scheduler.

interesting, what do you know? Do you have some data to share?

I don't know where you got your info but I have 50 X2 SMP amd64 running  and
25 or so dual-opteron dualcores with SCHED_ULE absolute rockstable and faster
than 4BSD, as I mentioned under the circumstances I described before

I also have more 40 or so X2s and 60 or so dual and quad opteron dualcores
running 4BSD and before you tell me more blabla copied from newspapers and
other cha-cha sources better you come to me with data (DATA=numbers) from
*real* world

> As Kris stated, reporting problems in 6.x when you are running ULE is
> just wasting developer resources.

well I also don't know where you got this because I *never ever* claimed any
problem with ULE

> Please stop implying that people should be using ULE in 6.x unless you
> are willing to personally provide support for them.

I also do  not know where you got this because I also *never ever* implied
using ULE, I simply say that I do *NOT* have any problem with it the way I
use it

So you please read the complete msgs and *try* to understand them before
answering with distortions and irrelevant conversations

--

João