On Mar 12, 2008, at 11:27 PM, Pete French wrote:

How long have you run 7.0 (before release)?  From all the other
at all.

I've been running it since last september - never had any problem with
it, and am pretty convinced it is stable.

Sounds good :)

This is where I'm a bit curious. What OS interaction does iLO do? That
needs to be "compatible" i mean.

Booting from the CD - I had one FreeBSD/iLO combination which would noit boot from the emulated CD. I needed to use the floppies and do a network install. That was painful - I can't remember the version though. Certainly
I have had no such probelsm with 7.0 and the latest iLO.

I see.. well if i ever need to boot from cd (reinstall) this box i'll probably do it with local access anyway..

SOL capabilities.. To what degree can I remote control with iLO? If

It acts as a complete console - just as if you were sitting in front
of the machine. You can see the screen, use keyboard and mouse, and
attack images as CD's or floppies.

iLO over internet? Possible, impossible? Encryption? (yes i know, not
exactly freebsd related questions but.. )

iLO runs over https so is encrypted. It does run better from a Windows
client than anything else sadly - but I keep a wWindows box around
for this purpose. Have just installed a set of machines somewhere in
Louisianna remotely, whilst sitting in bed in London with a cup of tea :
using an OSX laptop :-) I love iLO...

Just what I thought then.

Thanks :)