At 02:35 PM 4/22/2008, Arno J. Klaassen wrote:

> Also, you are using ULE or the 4BSD scheduler ?  I
> still have 4BSD on the box I am testing on.

Interesting, this is with ULE. I didn't really test 4BSD on this
box (I believed those who said SMP needs ULE *and* am quite
satisfied with overall performance). I'll try 4BSD though time
is getting short; I promised to deliver this box next thursday but will
still have some days for on-site testing.

I have recompiled the kernel with ULE, and it seems fine as well. I ran 160 iterations of a 300MB file and there was no corruption. Same process - copy a junk random file over nfs mount, unmount the nfs mount, remount it copy it back, compare the files.

---Mike