On Sun, 26 Aug 2007, Andreas Røsdal wrote:
I sent a proposal about a web client for Freeciv some time ago.
Now I've implemented a prototype / proof of concept.

It uses a webservice which allows a browser to communicate with a
civclient process on the server. The mapview is renederes using the canvas
element which is drawn upon using Javascript.

That is impressive. When you posted the original proposal, I thought it was silly because surely it could never work...

Does this mean the player does not have to download anything to play?

The performance still has a way to go, perhaps someone has some suggestions.

How bad is it?

What is needed to set it up?

(Sorry, haven't looked at the code yet.)

  - Per