On 6/6/08, Marko Lindqvist <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> 2008/6/6 Daniel Markstedt:
>
> > On 6/5/08, Marko Lindqvist wrote:
>  >> 2008/5/26 Daniel Markstedt:
>  >>
>  >>  > One week later it is; Targeted release date June 8.
>  >>
>  >>  Freeciv doesn't compile with current gcc 4.3 branch, and 4.3.1 will
>  >>  be released any day now.
>  >>
>  >
>  > Is this reason enough to postpone the 2.1.5 in your opinion?
>

>  If we release 2.1.5 without fix for this, we need to release 2.1.6
>  rather soon. I believe that otherwise there could be rather long time
>  between 2.1.5 and 2.1.6. So yes, I think we should postpone 2.1.5.
>   Of course, if someone else plans to make lot of fixes to S2_1, making
>  2.1.6 release soon after 2.1.5 more sensible, situation is quite
>  different.
>
>   Madeline?

In my opinion the fixes for S2_1 that I have encountered recently are
all rather minor and could wait for later; I am still more focused on working
on the editor. What might be nice is to release 2.1.5 so it can be used
for the first 2.1.x longturn game (which will probably start in a week or two),
which will give some good testing data and should find more bugs.

I don't know much at all about the gcc bug (actually I had 4.3 installed
a while ago, but since I had some problems not just with freeciv I am
now using 3.4.6).

Since I don't know how much hassle it is to make a full release for
freeciv I would tend to support more releases more often. Since then
the program can be advertised on various sites and users can have
the feeling that progress is being made. ;)