> The original idea was to remove the usage of volatile datas in
> the calculation (the trade production of a city). Moreover, to
> allow to know the real value of a trade route on client side,
> even if at least one of the city is not owned.

Is this really the case? If I establish a trade route with another player (no
alliance/no shared vision/no unit near this city) my client will not know the
current size of this city. Thus, additional information from the server would
be needed to calculate the trade output on the client side.

Or one could say, that a trade route means information transport and the size
of the trade city is allways known. This way it is really a calculation which
can be done on the client side.