Civ III has it. It just that I always thought that it would be better if
resources were revealed to everybody when first one reached the required tech
- even if you don't know the tech details well enough to use it yourself,
there's some leakage about its nature (I can't build combustion engines
myself, but I still know that they need Oil). For multiplayer game balance it
would be nice if player already leading wouldn't have additional benefit of
knowing which geographical areas are important - I'd like to know strenghten
my defenses where I have resources enemy is hungry for.