I've been poking around at it on a Chromebook recently, and I can't say
it's been a very positive experience, especially for somebody new to the
game. I need to open it on another platform and compare to see if there are
bugs or if what I'm seeing is expected. I'm a front end developer, so I
certainly could pitch in on the web project if needed.

I tried observing some live games, and it's almost unusable for me. It's
possible that the games were just not active, however. Have you had any
feedback running the web client on a Chromebook before?