On 29 April 2015 at 14:13, Mhairi McNeill <mhairi.mcne...@deltadna.com> wrote:
> Hi Freeciv Devs,
>
> I enjoyed your blog about the 100 Freeciv AIs - really cool stuff!
>
> I'm a data scientist who's really interested in visualisation. Currently I'm
> learning D3 to do some interactive visualisations.
>
> Would it be possible for you to send me the data you used to make the
> awesome line graphs? If I managed to get any nice visualisations done I'd
> send it your way and you could put it on the blog.
>
> All the best,
>
> Mhairi

 That's about Andreas' freeciv-web blog entry (I'm not sure if it was
mentioned in freeciv-dev before, though it made it to Slashdot):
http://play.freeciv.org/blog/2015/04/the-battle-of-100-freeciv-ais/

 What bothers me in that experiment is that the freeciv revision has
not been specified (just mention of "post-2.5 svn", I assume that also
post-S2_6 trunk has been used). One would want to be able to reproduce
that game (so exact configurations would be needed, but also knowledge
of freeciv revision to run it in). Another thing about using unstable
development code is that there's really no telling what bugs AI has
(was it behaving at all sanely - I've got AI stuck to some quite
braindead situations while running autogames with recent code).

 As far as I know the blogged game did not have anything special
compared to all the all-AI-autogames we constantly run -> setup should
be trivial. If one wants to do any kind of research related to this,
it's an option (that either makes sense, or not, depending on what you
want) to run another game like that instead of using the data from
that exact game.

 - ML