On 11.08.2013 09:13, Michael Vehrs wrote:
> On 10.08.2013 12:32, Michael T. Pope wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 10 Aug 2013 11:39:40 +0200
>> Michael Vehrs<michael.bursc...@gmx.de>   wrote:
>>

>>> Excellent. The change role message is, of course, an essential part of
>>> switching to a role model.
>>>

>> No worries.  What is your preferred sequence here?  I am busy chipping
>> away at the PlayerExploredTile problems again ATM, but I can probably get
>> a first cut of ChangeRoleMessage (using enum Role) done early next
>> week, including having the AI use it.  Or do you want to get the class
>> Role routines in shape first?
>>

> I have mostly finished moving from the role enum to the role class. The
> code compiles, but some tests fail, since I have not yet got static
> roles to work. At any rate, I think it would be better to postpone the
> ChangeRoleMessage.
>

>> Either way, recently I extended UnitLocation to implement
>> canBuildEquipment, so as to have a uniform test across Europe and
>> Settlements.  Perhaps this should now become canBuildRoleEquipment,
>> and then add buildRoleEquipment(Unit, Role) to do the real work, which
>> would be much the same as the existing Unit.equipForRole for Settlements
>> (Europe is messier, and probably has to be done in ServerEurope because of
>> the sales involved).  Does that make sense as part of the API?  (The names
>> are a bit odd I admit, I was trying to avoid bumping into the similar
>> Settlement.canProvideEquipment that the AI uses for planning)
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Mike Pope
>>

> Yes, that sounds good. The method names might be odd, but I can't think
> of anything better off hand.
>

> Regards
>
> Michael

Update: I have fixed all test failures except for six that occur only
when running all tests, but not when running the test suite
individually. I conclude that some tests must be messing around with the
specification, causing the static role fields to change. In the long
term, these need to go anyhow, but at the moment there are hundreds of
uses, so I am loath to change them all at once.

Should I commit?

Regards

Michael