On Sat, 21 Sep 2013 11:59:08 +0200
Michael Vehrs <michael.bursc...@gmx.de> wrote:
> I have widened the EndTurnDialog. It turned out to be easy and
> straightforward. However, it took me quite a while to figure out that my
> code was, in fact, working as designed, since the game constantly
> resized the dialog according to the client option settings from the
> saved game! You may have suffered from the same problem.

Indeed I did.  Worse, I had assumed it was not relevant because I have the
rememberSavedPositions option disabled.  However, it does not apply to
sizes.  I will add a rememberSavedSizes unless you think it would be
better to just combine them.

> you need to start a new game in order to see the wider panel, unless you
> want to edit the saved client options.

I had to anyway.  There were a bunch of them in options.xml as well.
However I can now confirm the fix worked and the EndTurnDialog is now more
sensibly sized at least in new games.

>[locale setting/number handling]

Goodonya for sorting out that tangle.  TilePopup units are now correct.

I can report some progress on modal/non-modal dialogs.  The functionality
is now good, thanks to a bit of code browsing of the internals of
JOptionPane.  Appearance is still lame, but there is no obvious
barrier to copying over or sharing what FreeColPanel does ATM.  The
current rough plan is that once the new dialogs look good enough
I will rename FreeColDialog -> FreeColOldDialog, then add the new
FreeColDialog with just the confirm-dialog functionality, cut
over their uses to the new code, and iterate through the
{choice,input}-dialogs, until FreeColOldDialog is an orphan.

Cheers,
Mike Pope