On Sun, 14 Dec 2014 14:02:48 -0600
Caleb Williams <calebrw@...> wrote:
> > Out of the frying pan and into the fire?
>
> That really depends on getting the theme right.

Sorry for being obtuse.  I am involved in computer security
professionally.  Both Joomla and Wordpress have very poor reputations in
that field.  That was the motivation for my comment.

Cheers,
Mike Pope

No slight taken on my end. There are ways to harden WordPress
<http://codex.wordpress.org/Hardening_WordPress>, but without knowing what
hosting options are available, it's tough to know exactly what is the best
solution. The most secure solution could be a custom website that doesn't
use some of the same attack scripts as a WordPress or Joomla site. Of
course, the downside, is that creating a custom website often takes more
money than a project just as FreeCol has available to work with. Hopefully
Mr. Aquilina will be able to help out with that.

--
*Caleb R. Williams*