Wordpress as of v4 has a self update feature which is very nice. I am quite
versed and still learning lots of new things about web design. I can code
something from scratch where it can be a bit more dynamic and take
advantage of a responsive design so it can be viewed on mobiles and tablets
too

On Tue, Dec 23, 2014 at 10:49 AM, Michael T. Pope <mp...@computer.org>
wrote:

> On Mon, 22 Dec 2014 22:51:23 +0100
> Jonathan Aquilina <eagles051...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Wordpress is super easy to update
>
> Yes, good.  I salute your enthusiasm but please understand my caution.  I
> just looked it up, and wordpress has 740(!) CVEs issued since 2003.  I
> knew it was going to be bad, but that is abysmal.  To maintain it well you
> are going to need to watch carefully for security announcements and
> update promptly.  Are you sure you can commit to that long term?  Even
> if so, I think if we go with wordpress, we need an emergency exit strategy.
> Perhaps I should wget freecol.org and stash a tarball in the git repo at
> the very least.
>
> Cheers,
> Mike Pope

Jonathan Aquilina