Hello,

as I already told this number is very weakly defined and its effect
can vary. I reduced it a bit again, but I cant see your screen.
Font size is the height of a letter, but these are variable width fonts.
Its impossible to predict the column size from the height, yet this
badly designed Java API does not take a pixel size (I did look for such
an alternative method now). If the word near the end of line is
a bit longer it may insert the line break before it and it looks right.
Each letter can be a different size and have differently sized gap
inbetween letters and Java loads a different font depending on your system.
I checked the history on why we are not using the fonts from the data
directory (as that would provide a little more consistency) and instead
let Java decide on some system font, but it was changed a few times
together with other edits to the FreeCol code.
Was that accidental or had there been a deeper reason for that?

Regards,

wintertime