All:

I agree with Mike. I like the new look. Like any new site, I'm sure there
are kinks to be worked out. The upper banner comes to mind. Additionally
would a top menu bar that sticks to the top of the screen make sense? Many
websites these days provide them for ease of use. Usually a simple
CSS/jQuery solution is needed, so it can be implemented repetitively easily
at a later date.

While I have always preferred a dynamic CMS solution to the website (for
simplicity's sake), I also understand that it's not my call and security
should be a top priority.

Best,

 - Caleb