David,

I believe the official reason for the minor version bump is because version
0.12.0 games will no longer be to read version 0.10.x games. A conversion
would require 0.10.x save file be loaded in 011.x and then re-saved and
then loaded in 0.12.0 (or later)

BTW: Mike thanks for all your hard work. I don't have much time to play
this game (other games to play ATM), but I look forward to the official
release to see if that will tear me away from my AA games.

Thanks,

*Caleb R. Williams*