On Sat, 28 Dec 2019 01:02:33 +0100
"Sebastian Zhorel" <win...@genial.ms> wrote:
> Maybe it'd be faster to just backport the patch to stable branch and
> throw out 0.11.7, to skip doing long investigations?

That is an option, albeit a heavyweight one.  I have forwarded this to
the development list to solicit more opinion.  Call me lazy, but an
announcement that says "beware of running games from untrusted sources or
servers" is probably enough.

> for people stuck with the old version (I wish we could just make the
> 0.12.0 release from master, but I guess that's still months away).

I am reviewing the bug list right now.  There is still a nasty performance
problem on large games, but we were in decent shape for an alpha release
back when I had to step away earlier this year.

Cheers,
Mike Pope