On Wed, 22 Dec 2021 12:31:03 +0000 (UTC)
D Blakeley <d_blake...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hey guys,
> As some of you know I'm not programmer so anything I say about this should be
> taken with a grain of salt lol. However today I noticed some panic in the fan
> game community regarding fan games made with Java due to a 'Java Log4j
> exploit'...

I probably should have spoken sooner, given I do Computer Security
professionally.  The log4j bug has been around for a bit, and you are right
to be concerned because it is extremely bad.  Rest assured that freecol is
log4j free, and if it had not been, I would have killed its use with fire
and pushed out an emergency release.

Cheers,
Mike Pope