On Sat, 23 Apr 2022 17:06:49 +0000
Stian Grenborgen <stian...@student.matnat.uio.no> wrote:
> > One issue with the process is it isn't consistently timed as I have to
> > physically perform each part
> > of the process. I also cannot generate the MacOS installer.
>
> The Mac bundle can be created using GitHub Actions. We can also automatically
> both build and publish nightly builds. Release notes can be automatically
> generated using commit messages (although such a commit log might not be user
> friendly). It's apparently even possible to automatically post messages to
> Discord and Facebook -- although I have not tried that before.

We need to test the mac builds, there are reports of it being broken.

WRT to release notes, there is an early draft underway (
https://sourceforge.net/p/freecol/wiki/0.12.0%20Release%20Notes/
) , albeit it is way out of date and now wrong in places.  Notably we need
to settle the minimum Java version.  In the absence of violent opposition
I will commit the well tested patch I have that takes it from 8 to 11.

Cheers,
Mike Pope