PPS: I not check kernel 2036 sources (config.c) on your site, but looks
like there is problem. Dima reveal, that after country=7,866,country.sys
FreeDOS silently returns 7,437 and presents wrong (non-866) conversion
tables (whereas 866 should be selected for "country=7" without additional
classifications). This mean, that 2036 edition, which you currently
prepare, doesn't includes patch for config.sys from Lucho, which loads
country depended tables from external country.sys. What you say?

I was under the impression that country.sys only worked with the
unstable kernel. 2036 is the stable kernel with a new version number.

--
Fall is my favorite season in Los Angeles, watching the birds change
color and fall from the trees.

See ya