Well if it is in freecom 0.84 pre 2 then it realy does seem to do something,
when setting LFN=Y. Which is consistent with djgpp compiled binaries.

But if I do "md 1234567890", I get a directory that is called "123456~1" when I
do dir. So it isn't quite working for the dir command.

This is something I might be looking into next then.

I wanted to have LFN support for an idea that I had.

Also it might no be so difficult to get:

attrib
find
move
more
replace
xcopy
sort
tree

to have lfn support through the io95 library.

With:

diskcopy
chkdsk
defrag
recover

already supporting lfn's most of FreeDOS should then have full lfn support.

But then there are quite some commands written in assembly so I would not like
to change those.

>Something which definitely does need testing: Sometimes FreeCOM 0.84
>just stops running external commands (opening com / exe / ...) while
>internal commands like DIR keep working. Nobody has yet found a way
>to force this bug to trigger, but when it happens, the only way to
>get out of the situation is to reboot, so we should really fix it.

I have been working with 0.84 pre 2 for well over a year now, and I have not
found a problem with external commands not being executed.

Imre